For the purposes of this article we’ll assume you’ve set up a Linkedin personal profile. Now, you need to add a Company Page to your Linkedin. You can do this from your personal profile. Here’s a link to a help page with both text and video instruction on how to get started with a company page.
Once it’s set up you can indicate other employees associated with your company with links back to their personal profiles. Easy peasy! Once a company page is set up you can find it by either searching the company name or entering the URL into the address bar. Linkedin page URL’s are formatted as follows: http:/www.linkedin.com/company/YourCompanyName. Select the Products and Services Tab at the top.
- Add your full company information (get your keywords and phrases in there for SEO). Linkedin allows up to 2000 characters. The title can be up to 100 characters long
- Add your featured products/services in the appropriate area. Linkedin allows up to 8 bullet list items of up to 100 characters each
- Add other employees. They must be on Linkedin to be listed
- We HIGHLY recommend you add video to your Products and Services Tab. Linkedin allows you to add code from YouTube. If you don’t have a promotional video we recommend you think about creating one. It is a great way to show a personal touch for your business.
- We HIGHLY recommend you include a link to a product/service on your official website
- Take advantage of the opportunity to add compelling graphics in the form of banners with links to specific pages on your website. Linkedin allows up to 3.
- DEFINITELY seek out your best client connections on Linkedin and invite them to recommend your services once your company info is all set up. You can do this directly from the Products & Services Tab on your Company Page by selecting “Request Recommendations”.
- Publish the page when you’re ready!
This is a FREE tool people, and it’s screaming OPPORTUNITY!
Interested in receiving more articles from ‘Fresh Ginger’? Subscribe now and choose topics of interest for delivery straight to your inbox.
Original Ginger is a Digital Agency located in the heart of historic Fort Langley, a hip and artistic suburb of Vancouver BC.