A blog allows you to share information with your readers in a more informal way. With our ‘Fresh Ginger’ blog we provide tips, tools and resources we think will be of value to our readers. Information covered in your blog will depend on who is writing it, what type of business you own and your brand personality.
There are many benefits for businesses to have a blog as follows:
- Blogging can help create brand awareness and demonstrate your areas of expertise
- Blogging offers a network opportunity with relevant complimentary businesses when you invite them to participate as guest writers. Reciprocal links between you can ultimately boost Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Blogging is a great way to engage potential clients by allowing a place for comment
- Consistent blogging means fresh content for SEO
- Fresh blog articles give visitors a reason to return to your website at a later date, reminding them of your services or products.
How Blogs Work
A blog is typically set up to list articles (referred to as posts) in ascending order — the freshest, newest posts at the top and the oldest moving down the page. Since most of the other pages on your website are fairly static information, a blog is a way to attract the search engines, given that content is updated frequently and consistently.
Get The Word Out
There are many ways to get the word out about your blog, and subsequently your website:
- Provide links to interested parties in forums. Make sure that the information is relevant and useful to the audience — it’s about informing and sharing information.
- Set up your blog to automatically stream through to your social media profiles;
- Provide share buttons on your blog to make it easier for others to share your information via social media and email;
- Network with other bloggers and reciprocate links.
- Include blog links in your newsletter. Share specific post topics to segmented subscriber lists based on their interests.
Blogs Boost Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Encourage people to share your blog posts everywhere — the more links you have out there in cyberspace the more the search engines will recognize and find you.
- Write blog articles including links that track to other related articles you’ve written — search engines like this!
- When someone searches for a specific topic using keywords contained in your blog content, the search engines will find it.
The time and energy it takes to write blog articles is time well spent in the long term. It’s about sharing information and building a rapport with your audience. If you don’t have the time to write the articles yourselves there are many agencies like ours who can provide copy writing expertise — so don’t let that stop you.
Interested in other articles from ‘Fresh Ginger’? Subscribe now so topics are delivered straight to your inbox.
Original Ginger is a Digital Agency located in the heart of historic Fort Langley, a hip and artistic suburb of Vancouver BC.